12.30.2011

Goodbye 2011.... Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow!

As 2011 comes to its close I can only look back and feel blessed with all the many wonderful things that have changed for me. My family has been truly blessed over the last year.  Many of you already know that 2010 was one of the hardest years of my life. Things changed drastically in my life and I had to find courage to fight through it all. I know that I made the right decisions for me and that by making the choices that seemed impossible at the time that I was blessed immensely by my father in Heaven. I became a stronger person though the trials that I faced. Last December while I was in search of some “dang Christmas cheer” (My family remembers that line fondly I’m sure) I received the best gift that has ever been given to me. I received a 2nd chance with my Robert. We had worked together many years ago and were able to spend a little time together but we both went our separate ways. In the years that followed we saw and did many things… we lost things that we worked hard for, we were lonely, we were happy at times but we were always searching for the missing part of our life. When we met up again Robert had to deal with my issues…I had been damaged and I vowed never to marry again. Robert of course had other plans. He stood by me and changed my mind by changing my heart. I found my very best friend in 2011 and I will always be grateful for that. He is my partner in every way. He makes me smile every day. He protects me in his arms. He’s a true gentleman. At times I feel as if I don’t deserve the giddy happiness that each day with him brings me but I am not giving it up! So as this year ends I am a little sad to leave all the wonderful memories behind but at the same time I am excited to see where 2012 will take us and our families. I wish you all a happy New Year. May you open up your heart, make the hard decisions, laugh until you snort, cry is someone’s arms, and thank our Heavenly Father for all the trials and blessing he gives us! Ready or not 2012 here we come!

(Hopefully Robert will still love me after posting this picture... I love him so much this is just an example of the smiles he gives me!!!)

2 comments:

Shalie said...

I am SO glad that you are happy! You deserve to be happy, and I"m glad Robert helps you to have the happy life you deserve. I hope to meet him someday!

Larzipan said...

awwww :)